Even if your child has a developmental disability, he or she is worth everything. They also deserve to be treated just like normal kids. They should be able to experience what normal kids are experiencing so that they would not feel that they are left out in the society, in this way, we can avoid depression and loneliness. We could also make them feel secure and loved in this way.
Here are some of the many activities that have been modified to suit their abilities and needs. Continue reading to know more about this.
- DO WHAT I SAY is a game that requires you to play lively and rhythmic music so that you can catch the attention of the child. Start with simple movements such as walking, running, dancing, jumping, rolling and things like that. You must let them follow everything that you say. It will be fun for the kids especially that you have provided music.
- STATUE GAME this is very simple because what you are going to need is a speaker and a playlist of children’s song that are lively for them. The instructions go like this; when the music is playing, they have to dance around a circle and when the music stops, they must stop and pose like a statue.
- PAINT A PICTURE is a very simple activity for them. You have to show pictures to the kids and make them imitate the picture, for example, a fish. They must embody the fish with its skills like swimming including its shape.
- PAINT THE ROCKS just by collecting the rocks outside is already a fun activity for the kids. Afterwards, set up a place where they can sit comfortably and provide materials for painting. Let the kids paint the rocks according to their liking. They can paint people or plants in it and they can even it color it in a single color, depending on their own creativity.
- TIN CAN GAME is a fun game that you can let the kids do. You only need tin cans and a ball. Make the kids throw the ball in order to hit the tin cans. Adjust them in different sizes and distances and group them into a team so that it will also increase their ability to work with other people or team work. In this way, they will also be able to socialize with other kids.
- TREASURE HUNTING is very easy and enjoyable. You can group them into two teams or more depending on the number of kids that you have. Then, give each group a list of things that they should find in the area where you are playing in the game. They should hunt for the set of things that you have assigned them.
- ACTING GAME this game is very simple. This is also called charades. You can put in pieces of paper on a bowl. The pieces of paper should contain an animal that they can imitate and let the other kids guess what animal it is. They can also produce the animal sounds so that they will be able to increase their knowledge in this genre. This is very fun especially if you have provided a lot of animals to imitate.